If you are a worshipper of Allah and want to visit Saudi Arabia during the Umrah, you need to apply for an Umrah Visa. Umrah, the pilgrimage to Mecca can be undertaken at any time of the year, unlike the Hajj which happens at a specific time every year. If you want to visit Saudi Arabia from London for
Umrah, you need to obtain a legal Umrah visa first.
If you are planning to experience the auspicious Umrah, you will have to book your visa through one of the accredited Umrah visa agents. The government of Saudi Arabia wants you to do so, so that they can keep track of the people visiting the Holy cities. Many agents who want to make profit will insist you to take expensive packages, but it is up to you, whether you want to take it or plan the trip yourself.
The citizens of U.S and the legal residents will have to apply for their visas through the consulates located in Washington DC and New York. To apply for an Umrah visa you will require the following documents:
· Your passport
· Proof of legal status in U.S
· Vaccination records (along with proof of meningitis immunization for U.S citizens)
· Travel itineraries
· Completed visa application and
· Two passport size photographs
To make your journey comfortable and to ensure that you do not have any problem obtaining the Umrah visa, you need to remember the following Umrah visa pre-requisites:
· You need assistance from an Umrah visa agent to apply for an Umrah visa. You cannot apply it on your own, according to the laws of the Saudi Arabia.
· Holding any type of visit visa in UK will debar you from obtaining an Umrah visa.
· You can either obtain the Umrah visa application form from the visa agent or collect it from the nearest Saudi Arabia consulate. You need to read the terms and conditions, provide all the necessary information and the sign it before submitting.
· Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months, from the date of application of the Umrah visa.
· If you have a non-Muslim name, receive a letter from the mosque or religious centre to confirm you are a Muslim by religion.
· Women less than 45 years of age are not allowed to visit Umrah alone. She needs to be accompanied by her mahram (a male relative). You need to attach a proof of the relationship with the mahram along with the visa application.
· Applicants below 18 years of age will not be issued an Umrah visa unless they are accompanies by their family members.
· Visas will not be issued to people who have performed Umrah within the past 6 months, except the mahram.
· The Umrah visa will be valid for a period of 30 days, but you will be allowed to stay in Saudi Arabia for 14 days only. You will have to return back within these 14 days.
So if you are willing to experience Umrah, start looking for an approved Umrah visa agent who can help you with the application for Umrah visa. Once you receive the visa have a happy journey and have an auspicious Umrah!